From time to time we will use electronic forms on this site to gather personal information for purposes directly related to a service, function or activity of the Library. When we do so we will let you know the purpose for which the information is being collected (including if the information is to be published). Completion of and submission of any form on this website is entirely at the discretion of you, the website user.
Data protection statement
In using and submitting forms on this website you agree that the British Library may use any personal data of yours that you supply through the forms. The British Library respects your privacy and seeks to protect your personal data:
- the British Library will only collect and use your information to administer, support, improve and obtain feedback on its services
- the British Library may also use this information to assess what British Library products and services may be of interest to you and to personalise our service and marketing
- the British Library may also contact you to obtain feedback on services and any improvements we can make to them
- you have the right to ask us at any time not to contact you by way of direct marketing
- the British Library will not disclose your personal data to any other organisations without your permission.